Iowa CCA Marketing Committee Update
The Iowa CCA Marketing committee is busy getting the word out! Some of the activities of the committee include:
- Print Advertising
- Preparing for a booth at the Farm Progress Show (Aug 26-28, 2008)
- Radio advertising and sponsorship of Ag programming
- Web Page (http://www.iowacca.org/)
- General Power point presentation that can be used by any Iowa CCA to promote the use of CCA’s to any groups
- Recognition program for CCAs
Our goals are to increase Iowa farmers’ awareness of ICCA’s brand; increase Iowa farmers’ utilization of certified crop advisors; and to increase participation in the CCA certification process in Iowa. If you have any suggestions or comments for the Iowa CCA marketing committee, feel free to send them to one of the co-chairs, Randy Law [email protected] or Amy Asmus [email protected] .
ISU Integrated Crop Management News
Iowa State University is pleased to announce the ISU Integrated Crop Management News, an online source for crop production news and information to provide greater access to Iowa State University Extension resources.
New features of the site include:
- Weekly or daily e-mail notification of new articles
- Quick access to crop production sites at Iowa State University
- Easy-to-print single articles and weekly compilations
- Rapid response when a crisis occurs
- We encourage you to bookmark this site, www.extension.iastate.edu/cropnews . The ISU Extension site will grow and change over the next few months, so please visit often.
If you have any comments, please send them by e-mail to [email protected] .
Biotechnology Policy and Law Symposium
The symposium, “Biotechnology Policy and Law,” will be held Wednesday, April 23, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Gateway Hotel and Conference Center, U.S. Highway 30 and University Boulevard, Ames.
The public will have an opportunity to hear experts voice their perspectives on how regulation for biotechnology must be responsive to the rapid pace of technology innovation at the fifth annual symposium of Iowa State’s Biosafety Institute for Genetically Modified Agricultural Products (BIGMAP).