I am excited to serve as your Chair of the Iowa CCA Board. For those who don’t know me here is a quick background. I grew up on a family farm near Bellevue, Iowa in Jackson County. Graduated from Iowa State University in May of 1995 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Business and completed a Masters of Science in Agronomy in May 2008. I have worked for Servi-Tech, Neowa FS, Inc., and AgVantage FS, Inc. I am currently the Technology Manager for the Iowa Soybean Association On-Farm Network®. I have been a Certified Crop Advisor since December of 2001 and served on the Iowa CCA Board since June of 2006.
I became a CCA because I wanted the growers I work with to know they can trust my advice. I serve on the Iowa CCA Board to increase the value of the CCA program. As we enter the spring 2009 growing season with new challenges and opportunities I encourage all Iowa CCAs to play an active role in the program. How can you contribute?
- Encourage employees, coworkers, colleagues and others who are not certified to become a CCA.
- Send in questions or ideas for questions that can be used to keep the Iowa CCA exam current and relevant. Email these to email@example.com
- Share your upcoming meetings with CEUs to the following website so that we all have a wider variety of CEU options to choose from:http://iowacca.org/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,51/ .
- Join and participate in the “Iowa Certified Crop Advisers (CCA)” Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=160909490007. Network with other CCAs and share what is happening in your area throughout the growing season.
- Become a member of the Iowa CCA Marketing Committee by contacting Randy Law at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Work with Randy Law and the rest of the marketing committee as they continue to not just bring new ideas to the table, but implement those ideas into results.
- Become a candidate for the next Board of Directors seat – watch for announcements in future Good Advice issues.
As you can see, there are many opportunities for us as CCAs to add value to the Iowa CCA Program. I thank you for the opportunity to serve as your Iowa CCA Board Chair. Feel free to contact me directly with any thoughts, questions, or ideas. Have a safe and successful 2009 growing season.
Best Regards,Patrick Reeg, CCA email@example.com